Welcome to Mothers’ Union in Diocese of Birmingham
We have an active Mothers’ Union in Birmingham and the surrounding areas.
In Birmingham there are over 800 members of Mothers’ Union in 37 branches.
You may become a member of Mothers’ Union through a local branch or by becoming a Diocesan Member. For details please contact our office.
Who can join the Mothers’ Union?
If you have been baptised in the name of the Holy Trinity and believe in the importance of family life we would love you to join.
Women and men, married and unmarried, parent or not, all can, and do, join Mothers’ Union.
Mothers’ Union is a Christian organisation which promotes the well-being of families worldwide. Within the Birmingham area we do this by:
- developing prayer & spiritual growth in families
- studying and reflecting on family life and marriage and their place in society
- resourcing our members to take practical action to improve conditions for families, both nationally and in the communities in which they live.
The past year has been a successful one for Mothers’ Union in Birmingham. Members supported projects in Birmingham which included:
- Providing emergency gift packs for those in Women’s Aid
- Working in prisons and Young Offenders Institutes
- Sending Christmas cards to prisoners
- Knitting garments for premature babies in Birmingham hospitals
- Making small gowns for premature or still-born babies
- Providing hospitality for Mothers’ Union members from overseas
- Providing holidays for families under stress
- Facilitating parenting groups
- Facilitating ‘Loving for Life’ groups – a marriage preparation group
- Supporting projects within their own parishes or branches
For information about Mothers’ Union In Birmingham, Aston and City, Coleshill and Yardley, Moseley and Shirley, Polesworth, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, West Birmingham and surrounding areas email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0121 643 0938
For information about Mothers’ Union nationally please follow this link